- Remove stray threads from quilt back, mainly light colored quilt tops.
- Do not pin or baste the layers of your quilt together.
- Remove selvedges from backing fabric if joins are in backing fabric.
- All four sides of quilt top and back should be square and straight.
- Extra will be charged if squaring the backing is still to be done.
- Backing and wadding should be a minimum of 6" wider and longer than the overall quilt top.
- Quilt top should be pressed and square with all seams ironed in desired direction.
To get an estimate cost:
- Measure the width and length in inches at centre of the quilt.
- multiply width x length.
- divide by 144.
- Multiply this answer by the dollar amount.
E.G: 60"x50"=3000 sq ins, divided by 144 = 20.83 sq ft. Multiply by $ amount. E.G: 20.83 x $4.50 = $94.00.
Price is also subject to designs and individual requirements.
Machine Basting $3.00 sq ft
Stippling/Simple Meandering $5.50 sq ft
Pantograph or Allover Creative Meander $6.00 sq ft
Simple Creative Quilting Designs $7.50 sq ft
Custom Quilting $9.00 sq ft
Attach prepared binding to Quilt Top Only $1.80 lineal ft
To make binding and attach to Quilt Top Only $3.00 lineal ft
To Make, attach to Top and Hand Sew Down on Back $6.00 lineal ft
Wadding Available $POA
Larger Quilts (90 inch sides approx) $POA
PRICES ARE OF 1st JULY 2017 AND SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE
Prices are subject to customers providing their own wadding.
Minimum Charge for Quilting $85.00
For further information please feel free to contact me to discuss your quilt requirements.